About the Journal
Cantilever: Jurnal Penelitian dan Kajian Bidang Teknik Sipil is a peer-reviewed, high-quality journal in civil engineering that presents recent research results and literature reviews in the fields of building and structural engineering, transportation, water resources engineering and management, geotechnical engineering, construction engineering and management, environmental engineering, and architecture.
The name "Cantilever" specifically is taken from one type of structure, which is a rigid structural element that extends horizontally and is supported at only one end. It aims to signify the specialization focus of the journal content in the field of civil engineering. Besides that, this also intends to give a uniqueness to the journal where on each published cover will be presented a photograph of the cantilever structure.
The journal was first published in 2006 in the printed version. Since 2015, Cantilever has been published both in the printed and online versions (e-journal). For the online version, previously, the journal could be accessed at http://cantilever.unsri.ac.id, but since Vol. 8 No.2 (2019), the journal has been published at http://cantilever.id. This journal is managed and published by the Department of Civil Engineering and Planning, Faculty of Engineering, Sriwijaya University. The journal is published twice a year, in April and October.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or institutions. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to full-text articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or author/authors. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
The Cantilever: Jurnal Penelitian dan Kajian Bidang Teknik Sipil aims to:
- Promote a comprehensive approach to civil engineering incorporating viewpoints of different disciplines.
- Strengthen academic exchange with other institutions.
- Encourage scientists, practicing engineers, and others to conduct research and other similar activities.
The journal presents the results of research and studies in the fields of civil engineering, architecture, and environmental engineering. The scope of this journal covers the topics:
- Water resources engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Building and structural engineering
- Construction engineering and management
- Environmental engineering
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Each paper submitted will be reviewed by at least two reviewers appointed by the editorial board. The review process uses a double-blind review system, where neither the author nor reviewers does not know the identity of each other. Received papers will be forwarded to be published (together with major or minor repairs if needed), while papers that are rejected (not according to journal criteria) will be returned to the author. The reviewers of this journal are experts in their respective fields. The reviewers give scientific valuable comments improving the contents of the manuscript. The average number of weeks between submission and publication is about 8 weeks.
The journal is published twice a year in April and October. Each issue contains eight papers. Papers can be written in Indonesian or English.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS and CLOCKSS systems to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. All content in the CLOCKSS Archive and the Global LOCKSS Network is preserved with explicit publisher permission, secured via written contract or through online permission statements. We work closely with LOCKSS network implementers to facilitate development of governance and legal terms that are appropriate to the implicated content, jurisdictions, rights, and access affordances.
This journal also utilizes the GARUDA (Garba Rujukan Digital) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...